Monday, September 23, 2013

Slipper sock (with reinforced knitted sole)

Last year I knitted little "pocketbook slippers" for the girls in my daycare. This year the boys wanted slippers! Which really surprised me, because they don't really care about things like that. But two of them asked me to knit them slippers. I was so thrilled, I said OK!

This is the pattern I used (orig. sent to me by my mom) - HERE

Besides having to knit it in pieces and sew it together, which I hate, it is actually a very easy pattern! I can knit one pair in two days.I did NOT use the polar knit yarn, I just used a bulky yarn.







This has a nice thick sole so they should last a while. The only thing I didn't like (besides the sewing) is the sole is squared. I think it should have been rounded on the edges so it fits the slipper top better. I might try to tweak the pattern a bit and see what I come up with.

But - the biggest reward - The boys LOVE them!

1 comment: